Thursday, December 30, 2010

End of 2010

I can hardly believe that tomorrow is the 31st of December, but it is. I got to work today but have tomorrow off and am so grateful. I turned 45 yesterday and just writing that number is a bit of a reality check as it sounds older than I feel for sure. It was a great day for me, as my kids treated me well and as always so did Bob. We spent a good part of the day at the hospital doing a VCUG test for Ashlee to find out if she has reflux and she does, along with some other kidney issues. We find out more on Tuesday as far as how bad it is. She was a trooper and they knocked her out so she had no clue what happened, which is the way we wanted it after watching poor Nathan go through the same thing at this same age for the exact same thing. Bob took me to Bob's steak and chop house (he won a gift card there from work for $100) it was very good food, but the company was even better. We then went to the movie True Grit, a western and it was pretty good. I came home and Nate had bought me a Baskin Robbins ice cream cake for my birthday, it was so good. Overall I had a fantastic day. I didn't get one card on my actual birthday, but got three today and one of which was from Michael that made my day. Our Christmas was equally as nice and though Michael was gone we all enjoyed being able to visit with him on the phone. Kaley and Steven both got a little emotional but loved talking to him as well. The best part is he will be home next year for Christmas and I will have all of my kids here for one more year, as Nate will leave not to long after that for his mission. It is weird to see my kids growing up and moving on, but I am so proud of each and every one and its fun to see them become adults. I am most of all thankful for the Savior and that we have a holiday to celebrate his birth and all that he did for each one of us. What a special time of the year. I know that as the new year comes I have many things to improve on but plan to take each one at a time so I can accomplish as many as I can. How grateful I truly am for all of my family, the Thompson's and the Mansell's, for all of my friends who feel like family and for all the blessings we get daily from a Heavenly Father who loves each of his children. Happy New Year, hope its a good one for everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday mom! I hope that you had a wonderful birthday and hope that you liked all your presents. I love you and hope you have a good rest of the day! Love you,
    kaley

    ReplyDelete