Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

It is hard to believe that another Thanksgiving has come and gone. I am enjoying having the last two days off of work to spend with my family. We had a nice thanksgiving dinner and watched the movie "Christmas Vacation." It always gets me in the mood for the holiday season. While I am so very grateful for all of my blessings, I must admit there was a longing to have my oldest home on the day that families are supposed to be together. He was transferred to Logan and I hope he is able to stay warm and was well fed, he only got to his new area on Tuesday so likely didn't know anyone to feed him, but I am in hopes some members there took good care of him. He is coming up on his one year mark, in fact we were on an airplane one year ago Thanksgiving flying to Utah to make sure we could get him to the MTC on time. He went in on December 2nd. I am very thankful for him and the fact that he was willing to go and serve a mission. I am very thankful for all of the missionaries out there who dedicate 18 months or 2 years in service to help share the message we feel so lucky to have in our lives. I love my husband and all five of my kids. I am a very blessed person. I love both Bob's family and of course my own. I have so many good examples on both sides and am amazed that I am lucky enough to be a part of each family. Most of all I am thankful for my Savior and all he did and does do for me and my family, what better example could any of us have? I hope to be more Christlike today and always. I hope you all had a great thanksgiving and are as lucky as me to have such wonderful people to be related to and celebrate these great occasions with. Happy Thanksgiving 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment