Sunday, July 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Kaley---13 years old

Today is Kaley's 13th birthday. It was just thirteen short years ago that I found out I was FINALLY going to have a girl and I couldn't wait. She was a week early and weighed in at 9lbs. 2oz. and was 22 inches long. She was long and thin and very pink, which was a change from my boys being blue when they each arrived, late of course. I am so lucky to have such a kind, soft-spoken young lady. She is already 5' 2" and a quarter tall and still growing. She has grown over two inches in the last six months. She will be entering the 8th grade and I can't believe how fast it has gone. She loves to cook and is very artistic. She has such a kind heart and always thinks of others. I know the boys rely on her when I am not here and she is definately a second mom to our little Miss Ashlee. She is amazing at all sports, but especially soccer, basketball and track. I think she would be good at whatever she set her mind too. She is a great mix of doing whatever the boys can do and also loves being girly as well. She reads her scriptures on her own every day and its fun to see her testimony growing everyday as well. I am so grateful she came to our home and I can't imagine what it would be like without her here. I will try to post a picture of her so you can see what a beautiful young woman she is turning into. What a lucky mom I am to have such wonderful children. I understand the scripture now more than ever that talks about having "joy in your posterity." I am so proud of all my kids but today am so proud and grateful for you Kaley for the wonderful person you are and are turning into. I love you very much!!!

1 comment: